SUSI for Secondary School Educators (Teacher) is an intensive post-graduate level academic program with integrated study tours with the purpose of providing secondary school teachers the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The ultimate goal of the Institute is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the United States in secondary schools and other academic institutions around the world.
This year, the Institute for Secondary School Educators focuses on classroom teachers. The Institute will take place over the course of five weeks beginning June 2017 which will include a four week academic residency component and a one week integrated study tour.
All participants are expected to participate fully in the program. Selected participants must attend all lectures and organized activities and complete assigned readings. Family members and/or friends cannot accompany participants on any part of the program. This is an intensive Institute, and there will be little time for personal pursuits unrelated to the program.
- Have no prior or limited experience in the United States.
- Have firm plans to enhance, update, or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component.
- Have special interest in the institute topic as demonstrated through past scholarships, accomplishments, and professional duties.
- Be mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50, highly-motivated and experienced secondary school teachers.
- Seek to introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into their curricula or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for education professionals in U.S. studies or related fields.
- Demonstrate English language fluency. Institutes are rigorous and demanding programs; participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to fully and actively participate in all seminar and panel discussions. English fluency is vital to a successful experience in the Institute, both for the applicant and participants from other countries.
- Be willing and able to fully take part in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour.
How to Apply:
Please email a completed SUSI for Secondary School Educators Application Form to Cultural Affairs Assistant Norn Soreimeas at NornS@state.gov with “SUSI for Secondary School Educators – Summer 2017” as the subject line. The application form can be downloaded here (DOCX: 296 KB).
Deadline: 31 December 2016
Disclaimer: All content and information provided are derived from official website of US Embassy in Cambodia. For detailed information and contact, please go to official site.